QBots is an exciting new AI tech startup in the energy space. Our vision is to accelerate the global shift to sustainable and renewable energy by developing intelligent energy management systems. We believe that energy storage and demand side management is key to a clean and competitive energy supply. Having started with smart city projects such as Exeter City Futures and CityVerve, we are now based in Manchester working on commercial buildings. We’ve just won an exciting innovative project to work with University of Manchester ! We have global ambitions, while working with global renewable energy manufacturing partner and an eye on Indian and China markets amongst others. See our demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPb-ZrdT5KQ&t=4s
At QBots, we are a relentlessly client-focused group who are re-imagining, re-designing, and reengineering the way to innovate in the renewable energy space. We get off on solving real problems in the simplest, most elegant manner possible and want to work with people who are smart and can get things done!
We’re a team but also a family. We dream big, iterate fast, and build real stuff. We are looking for passionate and creative Python Developer who loves challenges to join in our journey.
We are looking for a full time Python developer responsible for the implementation and development of our core analytics product, an energy monitoring and optimisation application.
You are required to develop optimisation algorithms for intelligent energy management systems and implement using Python, test and validate its performance the algorithms. One is design algorithm which is currently built in MatLab, and second is operational algorithm which is currently under development in Python.
● Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
● Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications/services
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
● Implementation of security and data protection
● Integration of data storage solutions, including access to SQL and NoSQL databases, and able to handle spatial and streaming data.
Required Skills and Qualifications
● Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc depending on your technology stack
● Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
● Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
● Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
● Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
● Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
● Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
● Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
● Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
● Strong unit test and debugging skills
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
● Understanding of Machine Learning, experience of developing algorithms
● Proficiency in R and Data science, experience in developing analytical models
● Salary depending on qualifications and experience
● Plus performance pay
● Plus flexible working conditions available
● Plus route for the right candidate to progress to senior roles over time
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : 9489855285